Kingsley Napley’s dedicated public law team brings together extensive specialist experience advising individuals, businesses and public bodies on all types of public law issues including:
- Judicial review – we act for both claimants and defendants in judicial review proceedings relating to decisions made by public bodies affecting both commercial organisations and individuals.
- Governance and policy – we advise public bodies on the exercise of statutory powers and compliance with public law duties including the equality duty and human rights obligations.
- Public inquiries and inquests – we have extensive experience of acting for both witnesses and participants in high profile public inquiries and major inquests.
- Information law – we assist those seeking information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and organisations requiring advice concerning their statutory duties under this legislation.
- Public procurement – we can assist businesses and public sector clients both during the procurement process and once the contracting authority has given notice of its decision to award a contract
The team is led by Adam Chapman who before joining Kingsley Napley was a senior public law litigator in the Treasury Solicitor’s Department, acting for central government departments and other public bodies in the most sensitive and high profile judicial review cases and related litigation.
For more information, please contact: Adam Chapman
"Sources praise the group's abilities in 'sensitive, high-profile, politically inflected work' and attest that 'what is really refreshing is their commitment to their clients and the care they take'..."
Chambers UK, A Clients Guide to the UK Legal Profession, 2013
"Stephen Parkinson is an "extremely astute and enormously experienced" former government lawyer who is considered to be one of the leading public law solicitors in the country."
Chambers UK, A Client's Guide to the UK Legal Profession, 2013