The UK is known to be a welcoming environment for foreign business. A UK company can be formed in one day. Despite the ease with which this can be done, complex choices and decisions need to be made. The consequences of taking the wrong course can blight your plans. So whether you want to set up a new business in the UK or invest in an existing one, whether you are an entrepreneur taking your first steps in the UK or a multinational corporation developing your business, let us steer you in the right direction and help you on your journey.
Good legal advice will help you strategically and commercially. We can help you decide how to structure your business, where to locate, what kind of arrangements to make for business premises, how to deal with shareholders, directors, employees, customers, clients, agents and business competitors and much more.
If you have you launched your business product in the UK but have no commercial vehicle to take it further? Don't be daunted.
To get your business working, we will:
- decide with you which business structure is most appropriate;
- advise you on what immigration requirements must be met for you and your family to live and work in the UK;
- advise you on your legal relationship with your business including whether you need a contract to provide services;
- create your business structure and prepare and register all associated documentation;
- advise on the creation and protection of intellectual property rights including copyright, patents and trademarks, and help you choose your company name;
- negotiate all forms of commercial agreements including joint venture agreements, distribution agreements, licensing and franchise agreements and standard trading terms and conditions;
- advise on any debt financing;
- work with you to identify and implement practical solutions to corporate governance issues;
- help you with all aspects of your commercial property strategy to secure property that best suits your needs:
- negotiate with landlords and vendors to find solutions which will have significant impact on your financial obligations;
- undertake due diligence enquiries;
- assist you with the day-to-day management of the property.
- advise on reputation management issues and defamation, advertising standards in the UK and the extensive laws that protect the consumer and competitors such as giving misleading information, pricing errors and making unfavourable comparisons with competitors; and
- deal with all forms of commercial disputes through UK Courts and international arbitration.
Please click on the following link to read our Investing in the UK brochure.
Click on the following link for more information, if you want to expand your business into the UK.
For your business:
And for your personal legal needs:
"...sensible, realistic view of cases - seizing only the points worth arguing... "
Chambers UK, A Client's Guide to the Legal Profession
"Our business relies on experienced professionals such as Kingsley Napley in order to provide us with practical assistance and working knowledge. Kingsley Napley has taken the extra steps to learn what's important to us and they complement our business."
Richard J.Kinzer, Director, Global Sales and Marketing, Dexter Magnetic Technologies