The Association of Professional Working Parents ('APWP') is a unique networking and support group for likeminded professional working fathers and mothers who have children across a broad spectrum of ages from birth up to early adulthood, and who balance their professional working lives with their family commitments.
The APWP provides professional working parents with the opportunity to network in a relaxed, supportive, informal and friendly atmosphere. We also arrange dynamic speakers from diverse industry sectors who cover wide ranging topics of a legal, psychological, medical, educational or financial nature of interest to professional working parents.
We host networking events on a regular basis. Please email Helle Asquith at email@example.com for further information about upcoming APWP events and/or to be added to our mailing list.
- Parenting for Prevention - with guest speaker Mandy Saligari, Executive Director & Founder of Charter Daycare
- Healthy Body, Healthy Mind - with guest speakers Ceri Morgan and Ann Souter of Recipe for Health
- Bringing out the Best in Your Children - with guest speaker Elaine Halligan, Director at The Parent Practice
- Homework Matters - with guest speaker Rachel Vecht, Seminar Director at Educating Matters
- APWP Christmas Drinks and Debate: Are we spoiling our children - and at what cost? - discussion led by renowned journalists Jennifer Howze and Michael Moran
- Protect your child in the virtual world - with guest speaker Clive Michel, head of Harm Reduction and Public Affairs at the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre
- Step aside Superman and Wonderwoman: career and family is for any parent! - with guest speaker Christine Brown-Quinn, former Managing Director in banking, now entrepreneur & author of the bestselling book “Step Aside Super Woman: Career and Family is for Any Woman”
- How to get your child into your school of choice & ensure they are happy there - with guest speaker Alison Cordingley, Head of juniors at Blackheath High School
- Your rights as an employee and a parent
- The juggling act
Further information about the APWP
"Thank you for arranging such a great event. I really enjoyed the conversation. It's refreshing to be in a room where everyone wants to tackle an issue with high quality debate"