With the rising profile of sports stars and rapid changes in technology, sport has become big business over the last 20 years. Executives employed in sport need to be professional and commercially focused and require expert advice to meet the ever changing demands of the sports industry.
Recognised for our commercial awareness and thorough understanding of complex sports issues, Kingsley Napley's team of specialist lawyers is trusted by professionals throughout the sporting world. We act as legal advisors to international sports stars, premiership managers, football and other sporting clubs, professional sports people, agents and sports media companies.
Our lawyers are well-known for their connections in the sporting industry and for our expertise in the following areas:
- Contract and commercial disputes
- The negotiation of player contracts
- Advertising and sponsorship agreements
- Image rights and intellectual property exploitation
- Constitutional, administrative and regulatory matters
- Corporate acquisitions and disposals
- TV and all forms of media rights
- Defamation, privacy and reputation management for sports personalities
We also represent sports men and women before sports disciplinary tribunals, and before national and international sporting bodies such as the Football Association and FIFA.
For further information, please contact Gerard Cukier