So you've come up with the great idea or invention that you know is going to make you very successful. “This is the one”. However, you know that lurking out there are all sorts of people who are just waiting to snap up your idea and exploit it for their own purposes as soon as you tell them about it or show them your plans.
Alternatively, you've filed all the necessary applications and registrations, and have spent a lot of time and money promoting your brand but, suddenly, there's your rival doing virtually the same thing across the road! And you know he has no right to.
Our dispute resolution solicitors have wide experience in the development, licensing and protection of all forms of intellectual property including:
- Copyright (music, film and all forms of new media)
- Confidential information and database protection
- Design and advertising rights
- Passing off
- Patents (including regulatory compliance)
- Sports merchandising and sponsorship
- Trade libel
- Trademarks (UK , European and worldwide)
Our dispute resolution solicitors protect these rights before the appropriate tribunal or court and, if necessary, we apply for interim injunctive relief to safeguard those rights pending a final decision.
We also work closely with our Corporate Team to put in place commercial agreements, strategies and appropriate corporate structures to best exploit your intellectual property rights.
Recent work includes:
- Acting for scientist in multimillion pound claim concerning claims of patent infringement, trademark infringement, misuse of confidential information and breach of contract brought by his former employer, a multinational developer and marketer of medical technologies.
- Acting for global telecommunications company in a claim against a website operated business for trademark infringement, internet libel and passing off
- Acting for an internationally renowned restaurant chain in protecting its trademarks and to prevent passing off by third parties
- Acting for business in proceedings before the Trade Mark Registry opposing a market competitor’s applications for registrations of trademarks and defending invalidity proceedings in respect of an iconic London location
- Acting for well-known restaurant chain in claim against competitor based in Spain for trademark infringement and passing off
- Acting for Government funded organisation in naming rights dispute before Company Names Tribunal
For more information, or to speak to our dispute resolution solicitors, please contact Gerard Cukier.