Navigating your way through commercial disputes can be stressful and disruptive, with the potential to be damaging to your business and its reputation.
Commercial disputes are increasingly commonplace in today’s climate of economic uncertainty. It is essential you seek the right tactical advice as early as possible to minimise impact to you and your business.
We advise companies, partnerships and entrepreneurs. Our experienced team of dispute resolution lawyers will work closely with you to fully understand the issues you are facing, and explore the best approaches to meet your commercial objectives.
Our lawyers recognise that every dispute is different and each will need its own tailored solution to suit your needs. We draw on our considerable experience in dealing with a wide range of disputes arising out of all types of commercial activity, including:
- Sale and supply of goods and services
- Agency, distribution and franchise agreements
- Warranty and indemnity claims
- Mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Retention of title
- Trade finance
- Exclusion and limitation clauses
- Restrictive covenants
- Breach of confidence
- Professional negligence
- Misrepresentation claims
- Civil fraud
- Breaches of trust and breaches of fiduciary duties
- Unjust enrichment, knowing receipt and dishonest assistance
- Economic torts, including procuring breaches of contract, causing loss by unlawful Means and conspiracy
We recognise that disputes are not all about the courtroom, particularly where our clients are keen to preserve a commercial relationship and/or avoid adverse PR. We therefore encourage our clients, where appropriate, to explore other quick, practical and cost effective avenues to resolve their disputes, including mediation or other forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), and we shall guide you carefully through that process.