Whoever you are and whatever you do, becoming involved in a dispute can be stressful, time consuming, expensive and, in some cases, catastrophic for you or your business. Disputes are a fact of modern business life, particularly in the current economic climate. Understanding and dealing with disputes in a professional and commercial way has never been more important.
You need a legal advisor who understands you, your needs, your concerns and your goals. Someone who can give you clear, commercial advice, who can explain all your options, including strategy and costs. We are here to help.
Our experienced team of dispute resolution lawyers have a proven track record of winning high profile cases and achieving fair and just results for our clients.
We offer clients a partner led service supported by a team of experienced lawyers. We will explain your funding options and the likely costs involved in managing your case at each stage. We will discuss the most appropriate ways to deal with and resolve your dispute as quickly and as cost effectively as possible, and this will include the various methods of alternative dispute resolution available, such as mediation.
It may be that litigation is unavoidable, in which event, we shall fight your case making use of the various procedures open to you. Our broad experience and the depth of our practice areas ensures we can put together multi-disciplined teams to provide you with the most comprehensive advice and representation.
Recent cases conducted by our dispute resolution team include:
- Acting for a former partner in a London law firm, who was a successful defendant to a £60m investment fraud claim for negligence, misrepresentation, conspiracy, dishonest assistance, breaches of trust and breaches of sections 19, 20 and 23 of FSMA brought by over 500 investors in respect of various complex tax schemes
- Acting for the former director and shareholder of the largest privately owned hotel group in the UK in various litigation against banks, creditors, administrators and professional advisors
- Acting for former of CEO Kuwati family property management company with a portfolio in excess of £100m in respect of allegations of fraud and breaches of fiduciary duty, including opposing the award of a freezing injunction
- Acting for the principals of a multi-national oil business conglomerate based in Saudi Arabia in claims against former directors, agents and employees of the group for very serious breaches of fiduciary duty to companies within the group; namely alleged secret commission and bribes received from third party suppliers
- Acting for clients in a number of financial mis-selling claims, including a claim against a leading bank in relation to the miss-selling of a £100m interest rate swap agreement
- Advising a middle eastern bank in relation to a $450m fraud claim arising out of the presentation of fictitious documentation purporting to represent genuine trade financing transaction
- Acting for a property investor/developer in a complex multimillion pound, multi-jurisdictional, dispute over a family property empire, encompassing a variety of areas of law including misrepresentation, breach of contract and estoppel
- Representing a local authority in relation to civil proceedings brought against three defendants for the fraudulent misuse of local authority land involving the dumping of waste materials, which included obtaining freezing and search orders against the defendants prior to issuing proceedings
- Representing a scientist who was joined to a multimillion pound action relating to claims of patent infringement, trademark infringement, misuse of confidential information and breach of contract