Browse people by category
Richard leads the Disputes practice and acts for organisations in a variety of commercial disputes and also advises private individuals and entrepreneurs. Richard has particular expertise acting for and advising directors and management teams in relation to civil litigation.
He is experienced in both obtaining and defending injunctive proceedings, including Freezing and Search Orders. His focus is on achieving commercial and cost effective results and often advises on risk management approaches and strategies to avoid pursuing a dispute through the courts.
Richard has wide ranging expertise and specialisms and advises on contractual disputes, directors’ duties, civil fraud, insolvency, professional negligence, injunctions and financial services disputes.
Richard has also been appointed by the High Court to act as a Supervising Solicitor in relation to the execution of Search Orders.
He joined Kingsley Napley in 1995 and became a Partner in 1999.
- Acting for the director and shareholder of a major hospitality organisation in administration, advising on directors duties, various contractual disputes and related financial disputes with banks, creditors and the administrators
- Acting for a number of commercial clients against various financial institutions in relation to the mis-selling of Interest Rate Hedging Products or SWAPS ranging from between £1 million to £100 million and in relation to other complex financial products
- Acting for a local authority in relation to a multi million pound fraud involving the alleged dumping of waste materials, including obtaining Freezing and Search Orders against a number of defendants
- Acting for a number of individual and commercial clients relating to claims for professional negligence against solicitors, accountants, insurance brokers, IFA’s and architects.
- Acting for a major PLC in a professional negligence claim against its previous solicitors which has involved proceedings before the VAT & Duties Tribunal;
Acting for various clients in bringing and defending claims relation to directors’ duties, misfeasance, unfair prejudice, dishonest assistance, knowing assistance and breach of duties
- a claimant in relation to a multi million pound fraud involving the alleged dumping of waste materials, including obtaining Freezing and Search Orders against a number of defendants
- Richard sits on the City of London Law Society Litigation Sub-Committee and the Committee of the Fraud Lawyers Association (FLA)
- Law Society
- London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA)
- Professional Negligence Lawyers Association (PNLA)