Browse people by category
Chambers UK 2014: "Star Associate who is an 'outstanding solicitor with a really good grasp of her cases"
Punam specialises in clinical negligence. She has experience of a wide range of claims, including birth injury and acquired brain injury claims, claims relating to fatal accidents, those involving gynaecological injuries following childbirth and those due to the delayed diagnosis of cancer. Her particular expertise in birth injury cases includes Cerebral Palsy and Erbs Palsy cases. She also has a special interest in claims related to infectious diseases, such as meningitis. Punam joined Kingsley Napley 2006.
What the directories say:
Chambers UK 2014: Punam moved up the rankings this year and is listed as a Star Associate who “is described by sources as ‘a real pleasure to work with’ and an ‘outstanding solicitor with a really good grasp of her cases.’ Her key areas of expertise include birth injuries and acquired brain injury claims.”
Punam has been listed as an Associate to Watch in Chambers UK 2011- 2013 where she is “identified by a number of commentators as a rising star in this area. She has played a key role in a number of significant brain injury and failure to diagnose claims, and clients say she is ‘effective, efficient and bright’."
Legal 500, 2010: "Punam Sood is ‘bright’, ‘efficient’ and ‘organised’, and tipped as ‘one to watch’"
Quotes from Clients
“Thank you for all your help with my case. I really appreciated your expertise, patience and support throughout” Mrs G
“J would never be as happy as he is without your help. Never forget what a difference you have made on our lives and I'm sure many others” Ms L
- Acted for JM, a child, following negligent cardiac surgery leading to a significant brain injury, settled in excess of £5m.
- Acted for LP, an adult, following a subarachnoid haemorrhage and subsequent re-bleed leading to permanent brain injury which settled for £275,000.
- Settled the case of AA for a capitalised sum of around £5.2m following the negligent circumstances of his delivery leading to brain injury.
- Punam is working on numerous claims involving the investigation into the causes of cerebral palsy in new-born babies by investigating the actions of medical staff involved in their deliveries and their subsequent care on the neonatal unit – these include both hypoxic and hypoglycaemic injuries.
- Punam has also settled a number of difficult cases involving stillbirths or early neonatal deaths.
- Recently settled liability for the failure to review antenatal tests and advise parents that their unborn child had Downs Syndrome.
- Succeeded in liability for a claim for a child who lost his limbs as a result of a delayed diagnosis of meningococcal septicaemia.
- Acting for an adult who lost one leg above the knee as a result of the GP failing to assess an infected foot properly and refer him to hospital.
- Acting for a 64 year old female regarding the delayed diagnosis of cauda equina syndrome which has led to bowel and bladder incontinence.
"...described by sources as 'a real pleasure to work with' and an 'outstanding solicitor with a really good grasp of her cases.' Her key areas of expertise include birth injuries and acquired brain injury claims."
Chambers UK, A Clients Guide to the UK Legal Profession 2014
“organised, efficient, bright and effective." " Her caseload covers both high-value claims and complex, lower-value cases."
Chambers UK, A Clients Guide to the UK Legal Profession 2012