Browse people by category
Michael joined Kingsley Napley in August 2010 as a partner specialising in Family law. With over 20 year’s experience, he is also a trained mediator and collaborative lawyer.
Michael deals with all areas of family law with particular emphasis on mid/high net worth claims arising out of divorce or cohabitation breakdown and complex disputes involving children. He has wide experience in assisting families with an international element including offshore assets/trusts and child relocation.
Prior to joining Kingsley Napley, Michael qualified in 1986 at Stitt and Co (Temple). He joined Kingsley Napley in August 2010 from Cripps Harries Hall where he was Head of Family Law for 13 years.
Michael is included as a "prominent figure" in the Citywealth Leaders List 2011.
What the directories say
- "a great champion of his clients" - Chambers UK, A Clients Guide to the UK Legal Profession (2013)
- “Sources say he is 'absolutely superb: he has the ability to relate to his clients and to achieve their goals in a practical way'” Chambers UK, A Clients Guide to the UK Legal Profession (2012)
- "Michael Rowlands 'famously fights his client's corner to the final bell.'" - Chambers UK: A client's guide to the UK legal profession (2010)
- "Clients sing his praises because he gets results: 'When things got really tough, he made me feel everything was going to be OK ... and it was!'" - Chambers UK: A client's guide to the UK legal profession (2009)
- BJ v MJ (Financial Remedy: Overseas Trusts)  EWHC 2708 (Fam)
- P v P  1 FLR 1126
- P v P (Financial Relief: Procedure)  1 FLR 696
- Hvorostovsky v Hvorostovsky  EWCO6791
Interviews and Articles published
- 2009 - Times 'Lawyer of the Week'
- 2005 - 2008 - BBC Radio interviews
- 2005 - Times 'Till dosh do us part'
- Contributed to articles for legal publications, including Resolution
“Sources say he is 'absolutely superb: he has the ability to relate to his clients and to achieve their goals in a practical way'”
Chambers UK, A Clients Guide to the UK Legal Profession, 2012