Browse people by category
Chambers UK 2011: "a brilliant tactician who has a deftness of touch and a steely determination to see cases through."
Kate read law at UCL, qualified in 1989 and joined Kingsley Napley as a partner in 1996, becoming head of the clinical negligence & personal injury practice area in 2003. Kate is an accredited member of both AvMA's and The Law Society's specialist clinical negligence panels.
Client care is at the core of everything that Kate does and core to the values that she imbues in the Clinical Negligence team. Kate likes to see things differently using the law creatively to achieve the best possible results for her client. For this reason she has been consistent in achieving exceptionally high, often ground breaking, damages awards. Her tenacious approach has, over the years, delivered results in cases where often others have failed.
Kate enjoys empowering her team to be the best at delivering fantastic results to clients.
Kate’s commitment and energy comes from a passion for achieving the right result for the victims of medical accidents that may help with the recovery process. She is equally committed to avoiding the “legal wild goose chase”. A good listener, Kate will always try to make sure that the team’s involvement in any case results in the client feeling that value has been added.
What the directories say
- ‘Immensely experienced’ – Legal 500 2012
- Kate is "thorough and compassionate," and also "determined, with a will to fight a case to the end." – Chambers and Partners 2012
- "Knowledgable", "tenacious but realistic" and "a pleasure to work with" - Legal 500, 2010
- "Determined" and "switched on," Kate Rohde is "head and shoulders above the rest," say commentators. This is down to her "top-to-tail" knowledge of the field, leading one client to suggest "she has everything you could want in a clinical negligence lawyer." - Chambers and Partners, A Client's guide to the legal profession, 2007
- She is "very clued up on what families need - she makes you feel completely at ease." - Chambers and Partners, A client's guide to the legal profession, 2005.
- APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers)
- AvMA (Action against Medical Accidents)
- Claimant Clinical Negligence Practitioners Group
- City of London Law Society
- Head of clinical negligence and personal injury team
- Member of the Law Society's specialist clinical negligence panel
- Member of the AvMA specialist clinical negligence panel
- Associate member of the Clinical Disputes Forum
- French speaker
As well as spending time with her family Kate enjoys relaxing with a book or, when the weather permits, mucking about on boats.
Legal 500 UK, 2012
"...'highly motivated and intelligent;' 'incredibly bright and efficient;' and 'a leader in the field'..."
Chambers UK, A Clients Guide to the UK Legal Profession, 2013