Browse people by category
Alison read law at Cambridge University, qualified as a solicitor in 1994 and joined Kingsley Napley in 1995. She has been a Partner since 2002.
Alison is a highly regarded practitioner, who specialises in clinical negligence claims on behalf of claimants and is an accredited member of the AvMA Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel. She has a particular interest in cerebral palsy and other brain injuries and in claims on behalf of children. Alison has achieved many high value settlements for her clients and has a reputation for achieving impressive results in the most complex cases.
Alison was the solicitor who represented the family in the high profile and successful Court of Appeal case of Lillywhite –v- University College London Hospitals NHS Trust  Lloyd’s Rep Med 268 which addressed the standard of care and skill to be applied in antenatal ultrasound scanning.
Notable results from Alison’s caseload this year include a substantial settlement for a brain injured Claimant arising out of the failure to diagnose hydrocephalus following a subarachnoid haemorrhage and another substantial settlement for a Claimant who had been given inappropriate knee operations leading to severe pain and mobility difficulties.
Alison continues to act in a number of wrongful birth and brain injury claims but also maintains her interest and expertise across the spectrum of clinical negligence cases.
She also acts as a Professional Deputy (formerly known as a Receiver) for clients who are unable to deal with the management of their damages award and affairs generally and she represents families at Inquests.
What the directories say
- 'Alison Moore is very well regarded as being "utterly reliable and effective." She is knowledgeable across the range of clinical negligence matters but is especially rated for her work on brain injury and wrongful birth cases.' - Chambers and Partners 2012
- 'specialises in wrongful birth and perinatal negligence claims, and often acts as professional deputy to clients.' - Chambers and Partners 2011
- 'a hidden gem' - Legal 500 2011
- 'consistently praised by clients' - Legal 500 2010
- “Bright, hardworking and brave” - Legal 500 2009
- ‘reasonable and calm approach’ - Legal 500 2008
“utterly reliable and effective"
Chambers UK, A Clients Guide to the UK Legal Profession, 2012